Spetses 2021 information
07 – 21 June 2021
We plan to return to the island of Spetses in Greece in 2021. This would be our sixth consecutive year, with the obvious exception for 2020.
- We plan to go ahead with this trip, unless the UK Foreign Office and Greek government otherwise restrict or strongly recommend us not to travel to our stated destinations
- As these are unprecedented and ever-changing times we recommend you take-out travel insurance and check for Covid cover.
- Should you wish to cancel, full cancellation charges will apply (see the cancellation charges table further below)
- Providing an appropriate Covid test or certificate would be done by yourself
A PICTURE OF THE TRIP AHEAD
- Each week will be capped at approximately 30 people and some people from our cancelled 2020 bookings have already been re-booked for this 2021 trip. Therefore, availability is limited in certain areas and as yet, still comfortably open.
- This holiday is a fulfilling experience and very different from our weekend trips. This trip offers plenty of relaxation time, lots of singing, friendly locals, optional excursions & events, great food & culture and opportunities to dance too.
- You may choose to combine a pre or post Spetses stay with Athens. This has proved very popular amongst the group and also helps to eliminate the early start on the outbound. If you travel on 07 or 14 June (with no Athens stay) – a very early morning departure from the UK is required in order to be in Athens by 1pm on the day of our departure to Spetses.
- The return trip includes a scenic road journey from / between Athens and Kosta (a port town at the bottom of the Peloponnese).
The two Athenian departure points are:
Athens city – departing at around 1 pm
Athens airport – departing around 2 pm
We travel by coach to Kosta where we’ll then board a private boat for the 15 minute ride to Spetses. We’ll also include a stop somewhere comfortable along the way. The group would normally arrive on Spetses at around 6.30 pm. Thereafter, you can check-in to your accommodation, freshen-up and relax, or as many of the group do – go out for dinner.
This includes accommodation, transfers and short ferry (subject to availability). NB Prices are the same as the 2020 package.
1 week (7 nights)
Mon 7 – 14 June or Mon 14 – 21 June
Sole occupancy: £733
Twin/Double: £573 per person
Triple (limited): £533 per person
2 weeks (14 nights)
Mon 7 – 21 June
Sole occupancy: £1247
Twin/Double: £923 per person
Triple (limited): £838 per person
Balance required by: 20 or 27 March 2021, dependant on which week you book.
There is a Greek government tax for Spetses to be paid of 0.50 euro per room per night. This applies for all stays and is to be paid on arrival at either the hotel or villa accommodation.
ATHENS stays (pre/post Spetses)
If you’d like to experience a night or two in this interesting, historically-rich city we can reserve our favoured, centrally located 3 star hotel for you. We have used this three star Athens hotel for the previous five years and it has worked really well. It’s in the centre of Athens, just a few minutes’ walk from Monastiraki Square (a hive of activity), with Plaka and Syntagma Square a little further on foot. All the major sights are walking distance away. The hotel has an amazing rooftop terrace with a 360 degree view of the city and the sight of Acropolis at night is especially stunning.
If you prefer a higher star rating, or simply would prefer something different we can help and book this for you.
Sole occupancy £90 per night
Twin / double £52 per person, per night
Rates include breakfast. There is also a Greek government tax for Athens to be paid on arrival of 1.50 euro per room per night. This applies for all stays and is to be paid on arrival at the hotel.
Cost INCLUDES (subject to availability)
- 7 or 14 nights’ accommodation on the island of Spetses on a bed & breakfast basis.
You have the choice of either of the two Spetses accommodation venues, subject to availability, which we have used in all of our previous years.
1: Villa – we have exclusive use of a traditional Spetses villa with a large outdoor space including garden and swimming pool.
Note: a maximum of 3 sole occupancy rooms (at the sole occupancy package rate) are available here for each week.
2: Hotel – a boutique hotel option. Two minutes walk from the villa, charming in features & hospitality with a shaded courtyard and without a pool. You would still have full daily use of the villa’s facilities.
Also included in the cost:-
- Private Coach Travel from either Athens airport or city (pick-up from 3 star Athens hotel) to Kosta (Peloponnese) and vice versa. These journeys will include a comfortable stop somewhere in each direction.
- Short ferry crossings (15 minutes each way) from Kosta to Spetses and back to Kosta, along with transfers to/from our Spetses accommodation, if required.
- Singing & teaching time: up to 90 minutes group rehearsal each day (subject to change) learning new songs which have been prepared for this holiday. The second week will include some new repertoire. There will be a public performance on the island at the end of each week.
Cost does NOT include:-
- Flights to/from Athens
- Government tax for Spetses: 0.50 euro per room, per night applies for all stays and is to be paid on departure at the villa or hotel.
- Government tax for Athens: 1.50 euro per room, per night applies for all stays and is to be paid on arrival at the hotel.
- Extra nights in Athens
- Travel insurance (recommended and if possible – please check for Covid cover)
- Lunch, dinner, other meals and drinks
- Additional organised tours/events
Cancellation charges table – should you wish to cancel
Recommendation: please take out appropriate travel insurance to cover you in case of personal cancellation and check for Covid cover, if possible.
Days prior to departure date Cancellation charge per person
Up to 71 days £100 deposit
70 – 51 days 25% penalty of your total cost
50 – 16 days 50% penalty of your total cost
15 – 0 days 100% penalty of your total cost
Alternative form of travel to/from Spetses – by sea
You have the private option of travelling to Spetses by sea. Anyone who wishes to travel away from the group and would like to take the ferry from Athens’ Piraeus port (30 minutes outside the city) to Spetses is able to do so. The sea crossing takes around 3 hours each way and an extra cost would apply, as this method of transport is not with the group and therefore involves extra private transfers to/from Piraeus from either airport or city, plus a ferry ticket. Piraeus is around 40 minutes to 1 hour from Athens city or airport. All being well and depending on your Athens airport arrival time on the Monday of each week – it is possible to potentially arrive on Spetses at a similar time to the coach group.
Summer ferry schedules and reservations are generally released around March and so extra costs for this option may be calculated at this time. Please let us know if this is of interest.
A SNAPSHOT OF OUR SPETSES LOCATION
Our accommodations are walking distance to a beach, as well as the charming old harbour with its restaurants & bars in a relaxed setting. The main resort centre is a pleasant 15 minutes walk away and where you will find many shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. Each year we discover somewhere new.
As enjoyed in previous years – there will be the possibility of organised tours/activities on the island such as:-
- Chartering a private boat to travel around the island for the day where you would stop for a swim in a quiet, sheltered spot, followed by the option of a group restaurant lunch (overlooking a lovely bay). This is such a popular day trip and allows you to see the whole island at a leisurely pace and from the sea’s viewpoint.
- Cycle or motorbike hire is a great way to take in the beautiful coast & island. You can cycle around the whole island in a matter of hours, or longer, if you wanted to stretch it out.
- Villa party – this party combined with local food catering happens one day of each week (sadly, no swimming or pool activities permitted). This includes an open mic and a good boogie.
This holiday is open to friends and family and there’s no need to be an active member of London City Voices to join the holiday. We have had several non LCV members come along, immerse themselves amongst a friendly environment, idyllic location and really enjoy it.
Please note: this holiday is not suitable for children – there are no crèche facilities and the activities are very much based around adults.
Five airlines currently operate DIRECT flights to/from London and Athens.
Very important flight times to consider:-
Flights times you need to book – this must be cross-checked with John when booking
(1) Your flight arrival into Athens on 07 or 14 June must be no later than 1300 as the coach is due to depart the airport at 1400. We may have an earlier pick-up from Athens city (from a fixed city pick-up point), if you are staying in Athens beforehand.
(2) Please book an evening flight (after 1900) on 14 or 21 June as there will only be one coach journey back to Athens.
- http://www.easyjet.com/en/ (Gatwick)
- http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb (Heathrow)
- https://en.aegeanair.com/?gclid=CLDwr9SV0M4CFdS4GwodKwQMDg (Heathrow)
NOTE: Unless you are extending your time in Athens (or Greece) on the outbound please do NOT use Aegean flights. Aegean Airlines do not have flights arriving before 1 pm from London to Athens (read ‘flight times you need to book’). Athens to London is possible to use as their flight is after 1900.
- https://wizzair.com/en-gb#/ (Luton)
NOTE: Unless you are extending your time in Athens (or Greece) on the outbound please do NOT use Wizz flights. Wizz do not have flights arriving before 1 pm from London to Athens (read ‘flight times you need to book’). Athens to London is possible to use as their flight is after 1900.
- https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/ (Stansted or Luton)
NOTE: Unless you are extending your time in Athens (or Greece) in both directions – Ryan Air flights should not be used as they do not arrive or depart at the relevant recommended times.
To reserve your place on Greece 2021 we would require a non-refundable £100 deposit per person. As mentioned – we have already reconfirmed many of the 2020 booked people and availability is already limited. It is recommended to book your place as soon as possible as it’s anticipated to prove ever-popular.
Please note the cancellation charges under the package cost.
Extension of holiday after confirmation: if you decide to extend the singing holiday dates and especially once you’re out in Greece we ask you to book and pay for any change or extension via LCV Travel and not to make any arrangements individually with our accommodation provider. This is an activity-based holiday and costs must be factored–in accordingly. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact John Joannou (not Richard) on +44 7763 120452 or email email@example.com.